Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why Embrace The Tiger – The Source of The Will?

What meaning and purpose does this title have and why was it chosen? The title describes what I feel inside, what I am. To embrace the tiger is to embrace myself as what I am as a whole and not as two. The Tiger, per say is my alter ego that is in me. It is my opposite; my negative with great power. The end result of an equation trying to balance itself out.

I no longer wanted to cage the tiger and suppress it to call upon when needed. It is a part of me that defines my character. We are not two, but one and I wanted know how to balance that equation and live in harmony within myself.

So entered Tai-Chi and Tai-Chi Chuan! I learned, and still learning about Yin & Yang and how they where born of Wuji. The philosophy, what I have been looking for in my life and in myself.

“The source of the will is in the waist,” as “The Song of the Thirteen Postures” states is what we learn as beginners in Tai-Chi Chuan, but I am looking more into the source of my will and intent that comes from my mind and returning back to the source mastering myself with knowledge, understanding and wisdom, in which I do lack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home